Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful for...

I've been blessed with so many people and things to be thankful for but one thing that I'm truly thankful for is photography.
On December 31st I said my good bye's to 2012 by photographing an event with Montez De Durango and Alacranes Musical.
2013 had started off good for me but by mid year after 8 years of working at a retail store I found myself without a job.
It was a hard financial blow to me. I've been working since the age of 16 and not having a major way of income was a scary and frightful new experience for me.
The money I charged for my photography was very affordable, almost a steal.
I had a good talk to a friend and he told me that my work was worth so much more.
I decided to work alongside with him. I stepped up my photography skills and ended up realizing my true artistic self worth and it made me want to become a better photographer. I  had a busy summer alongside with Skyline Multimedia and because of that I was able survive a little bit from the overwhelming debt I was accumulating.
Photography literally helped me from not reaching depression. I always believed if you're always trying to better yourself, then success would be one step closer.
Sadly my camera is going to undergo repairs and maintanance but thankfully I found another job.
Once I get my camera back from repairs I am going to come back better and stronger.
Unless stated by the photographer but always try to support a local talented photographer.
Investing in a photographer not only benefits him/her but you also benefit by having beautiful moments captured and memories always last longer than money. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment